- Production of functional and protective coatings.
- Manufacture of engineering products made of high-chromium iron-carbon alloys with nanostructured matrix.
- Ferrite (warm) rolling of extra-thin low-carbon and ultra-low-carbon steel for cold stamping or deep drawing.
- Modification of structural and piston alloys of the Al-Si system.
- Temporary anticorrosion protection of metal rolling.
- Processing of biomass and other organic wastes for obtaining charcoal, thermal and electric power.
- Reduction of metal loss in supply riser.
- Inoculant for metallurgical equipment castings.
- Gas dynamic attack on metal in moulds.
- Production of high-quality castings made of remelted aluminium wrought alloy scrap.
- Production of rolling mills using complexly inoculated cast irons.
- Heat-resistance increase in castings made of complex alloyed and inoculated cast irons.
- Gazars as a new type оf porous materials.
- Production of “solar” silicon with improved electro-physical properties.
- A composite material “cermet”.
- Low-alloy vanadium-free steels with carbon nitride hardening.
- Extra-furnace treatment of iron-carbon melts for their refining and modification by electric arc depression.
- Production of corrosion-resistant steels by converter method (using gas oxygen refining process). Representing technology: Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine prof. Velichko O.G., Associate Professor Sadovnik Y.V., Alakh Singh Assistant of the Rector of the National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine, PhD.
- Converter bath blowing through double-layer tuyere.
- Super-low carbon steel melting and its extra-furnace treatment for producing high-plasticity steel.
- Deoxidation and extra-furnace treatment of steel for manufacturing high tensile strength wire rod in order to reduce breakage while drawing.
- Production of ferronickel and manganese ferroalloys.
- One-stage procedure of producing high-quality thermoanthracite in electric calcinator with high lining durability.
- Production of boron carbide.
- Production of graphite-like and wurtzite-like boron nitride.
- Automatic control system for the electric regimes of ferroalloy furnaces (ACSER).
- Production of low-carbon ferrosilicomanganese.
- Production of bearing steel with standardized ASTM E-45 amount of non-metallic inclusions due to specified chemical and mineral composition.
BLAST FURNACE OPERATOR`S PC: AN INTERACTIVE SYSTEM
The system enables a process engineer to carry out computational simulation and engineering calculations, to use their results for bringing current operation mode closer to an optimum for the conditions at hand, and thereby to exploit the vast potential of process engineering measures for improving blast furnace performance...>
IMPROVED TECHNOLOGY OF METAL DEGASSING BY GAS MIXTURES AT LADLE TREATMENT
The change of stirring gas composition was made at ladle treatment of steel of commercial structural grade. The technique was developed on the base of physic-chemical analysis of dissolved gases behavior in a liquid metal and in the process of solidification of continuous casts...>
THE RECEPTION TECHNOLOGY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PRODUCTS FROM HIGH CHROMIUM IRON-CARBON ALLOYS
WITH NANOSTRUCTURE MATRIX
The technology is intended for reception of mechanical engineering products (rolls, mills spheres) from high chromium iron-carbon alloys (where carbon and chromium content is 3-3,5% and 12-21,5% accordingly) with the nanostructure matrix (thickness of the ?-phase bainite plate an makes 20-30 nm) at the expense of realization of bainite transformation during cooling products from foundry heating...>
PROCESSING OF BIOMASS AND OTHER ORGANIC WASTE TO PRODUCE WOODY COAL, HEAT AND ELECTRIC POWER
Biomass and organic waste are processed in heat generator via thermooxidative pyrolysis resulting in pyrolysis gas and coke (woody coal) production. Unpurified pyrolysis gas is utilized further as a fuel for heat energy generation. Coke residue undergoes activation to be used as a technological product, activated coal, in the pyrolysis chamber outlet zone. Alternatively, coke can be used as energy product by way of its direct combustion or subsequent gasification...>
EFFECTIVE TECHNOLOGIES OF UTILIZATION OF METALLURGY AND MASHYNERY WASTES
NEW UNTOXIC PIGMENTS FOR ANTICORROSION PRIMERS
THE RADAR SYSTEM FOR MONITORING OF PROFILE CHARGE SURFACE IN BLAST FURNACE
Principle of operation: On a furnace top 20 small-sized radars РДУ-Х2. The radars are controlling the distance to surface of charge materials in determine zones. The are installed in special thermostats under apertures in a shaft top. The output signals or radars are transmitting in digit form through RS-485 interface to central control post in automated control system of BF...>
DESIGNING AND MANUFACTURE OF NANOCOMPOSITE MATERIALS FROM CARBON NANOTUBES (CNT)
Carbon nanotubes with excellent properties are promising materials for a wide range of applications. Mechanism of CNT growth was proposed by using semi-empirical method. In this model interaction of catalytic atoms, like iron, with carbon atoms of a graphene sheet was studied...>
AUTOMATIC CONTROL SYSTEM FOR THE ELECTRIC REGIMES OF THREE-ELECTRODES (ACSEM-3) AND SIX-ELECTRODES (ACEMS-6) FERROALLOY FURNACES
ACSER-3 and ACSER-6 allows providing operative presentation of information as a conventionalized sectional elevation of furnace - ACSER-3 (fig. 1) ACSER-6 (fig. 2), and that is easy to understand for technological personnel...>
TECHNOLOGY OF LOW - CARBON MANGANESE SILICON
At the production of manganese ferroalloys, techno-economic indexes largely depend on through extraction of manganese from initial raw material in the prepared products. At the same time not unimportant is quality of the got ferroalloys and necessity in them at the market. At present time demand for high-silicon low-carbon (to 0,1 %C) manganese silicon increases, which more often finds application not only as a reducer during silicothermal processes but also as an alternative of expensive nickel at the production of stainless steel...>
TECHNOLOGY OF DEOXIDATION AND LADLE TREATMENT FOR HIGH STRENGH ROD WIRE MANUFACTURE
AUTOMATIC CONTROL SYSTEM FOR THE ELECTRIC REGIMES OF FERROALLOY FURNACES (ACSER)
Is created for monitoring of ferroalloy furnaces work with the purpose of exposure and realization the ways of expenses decline of electric power, raw material, coke and electrode mass by automatic control. Automatic performance, by delivery - control influences (lift up the electrode, pull down the electrode; decrease SSV increase, slip the electrode) and recommendations on correction of charge allow...>
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY OF BORON CARBIDE PRODUCTION AND WURTZITELIKE AND GRAPHITELIKE BORON NITRIDE PRODUCTION
Boron carbide, obtaining the complex of chemical, physical and mechanical properties, finds wide application in a modern technic, being very extra-hard material (it is on the third place among the known abrasive materials) it is irreplaceable in nuclear power at the production of bars, it is used as blend component at the steel production, it shows extremely chemical stability in different corrosive mediums...>
COLD CONTINUOUS DIE ROLLER ROLLING OF THE EXTRA-THINWALLED TUBES
Joining the advantages of the die and continuous rolling opens the great possibilities in development of the die rolling processes. New processes of continuous die roller tube rolling have been developed in the National Metallurgical Academy in the metal forming department, as well as corresponding roll stands for different mills of the cold tube roller rolling (CTRR)...>
PRECISION SEAMLESS TUBES TECHNOLOGY ELEMENTS OF PILGER ROLLING TECHNICAL AUDIT & INNOVATION
New types of the shape of the tool are constructed in view of the most possible quantity of the influencing factors. These forms are taking into account all your requirements and comply with conditions of your manufacture...>
NEW TECHNOLOGY OF PRODUCTION "SOLAR" SILICON WITH INCREASED ELECTROPHYSICAL PROPERTIES
The technology provides: - increase of "solar" silicon monocrystals life-time of nonbasic charge bearers (τNCB) from 18,4 μs up to 228 μs at the expense of purposeful alloying; - additional increase of "solar" silicon plates life-time of nonbasic charge bearers (τNCB) in 1,5-2 times in comparison with monocrystals at the expense of heat-treatment; - increase of "solar" batteries efficiency up to 21%...>
Innovation technology of functional and protective coatings manufacturing
The present technology, namely VDS process, offers the advantages of traditional vacuum, plasma, laser technologies in controlling film structure at the atomic or "nano" level while providing for outstanding efficiencies of evaporation and deposition. In some applies the technology allows material deposition in controlling gas atmosphere or in air...>
HIGH EFFECTIVE COMPOSITE WELDING WIRE: TECHNOLOGY OF MANUFACTURE AND PROPERTIES
Developed a new approach to designing of wide range of the composite welding wire with usage of unified matrix. Untraditional method for enter of various microalloying and flux additions was mastered which foresees to put of additions in axes symmetric cavity into a center of wire...>
science_14814.pdf (science_14814.pdf 66 kb)
science_8214.pdf (science_8214.pdf 66 kb)
science_17416.pdf (science_17416.pdf 66 kb)
science_5802.pdf (science_5802.pdf 66 kb)